Removing a 'Place Closed' Label

Friday, March 6, 2009 | 5:24 PM

Update: Initial timing wasn't quite right. It can take up to two weeks in some cases.

There was a recent change that displays the label 'Place Closed' on some businesses. If the label has been applied incorrectly, it can be corrected with just a few steps.

For listings that have been claimed and verified through the Google Local Business Center, please sign in to your account and select the Edit link. The editing wizard will appear. Click the Submit button.

For listings that aren't claimed through the Local Business Center, they're open to community edits. Please select the Edit link below the address and select Restore Place.

The listings will be updated within a week or two. If you're seeing something different, please let us know in our Help Forum, posting a link to the listing in question.

We're currently evaluating our usage of the label and appreciate the feedback received in this forum regarding the change.

Maps Guide Adam

3 comments:

boughazi moha ou said said...

Hello. It's the 4th time that someone reported my business as permanently closed. It's a competitor's move. Please remove this feature or at least ask business owners to prove their closed before labelling them as permanently closed.

Unknown said...

Google got a picture of my house and me in underwear with my 1 old daughter standing in front of the door is don't like this this is embarrassing for me and my child can some one call me from Google my 267-770-7683. :( :( :( embarrassed

Unknown said...

Some do that why I don't know if hope you can fix that issue good luck